Skip to content Summer Electrical Tips
Summer is the time when everyone wants to play outside, so it is important that everyone knows what possible electrical safety hazards to avoid. We’ve compiled a helpful list to keep you safe and allow you to enjoy the warm weather.
- It’s important to never cover a hot appliances with a towel, as this could lead to a fire.
- Keep your electric appliances unplugged when they’re not in use, not only will this keep you safe, but it will save you money too!
- When using extension cords, make sure they never cross wet areas.
- Summer is the perfect time to go swimming, it’s important to remember to dry your hands before using any electrical appliance.
- If any electric appliance falls into water, throw it away. Do not reach into the pool to retrieve an electric appliance. Don’t be afraid to call an expert.
- Prevent little fingers playing with electric outlets by blocking them off with solid cover plates.
- Don’t overload your plugs with multiple appliances, running a dozen fans off one socket is asking for trouble.
- If a fire is caused by electricity, whatever you do don’t douse it with water. Use the correct fire extinguisher and learn to use it properly: Pull, Aim, Squeeze and Sweep the flames (remember PASS an extinguisher over an electric fire).
If you have any electrical problems, from fan installations to moving power points around, we’re able to help. We have a qualified electrician that is able to help you out when you need it.